Top Restaurants and Must-Try Dishes in Dhaka, Bangladesh: A Foodie’s Guide
Dhaka, the bustling capital city of Bangladesh, is a paradise for food lovers. The city’s culinary scene is a blend of rich traditions, diverse cultures, and modern influences. From street food stalls to high-end restaurants, Dhaka offers a wide range of dining experiences that cater to all tastes and budgets. Whether you’re a fan of traditional Bengali cuisine or eager to try international dishes with a local twist, Dhaka has something to offer. In this guide, we’ll take you through some of the top restaurants in Dhaka and their must-try dishes.
1. Star Kabab & Restaurant
Star Kabab & Restaurant is a legendary eatery in Dhaka, famous for its delicious and affordable Bengali food. The restaurant has been serving locals and tourists alike since 1965.
- Must-try dish: The Beef Tehari, a traditional Bangladeshi dish made of beef and aromatic rice, is a must-try here.
Fakruddin is renowned for its authentic Bengali biryani. With several branches across the city, this restaurant is a favorite among locals and tourists.
- Must-try dish: The Mutton Biryani, served with a boiled egg and a side of salad, is a crowd-pleaser.
If you’re looking for a break from local cuisine, Izumi offers the best Japanese food in town. The restaurant’s modern and elegant ambiance adds to the dining experience.
- Must-try dish: The Sushi Platter, which offers a variety of fresh and flavorful sushi, is a must-try at Izumi.
4. Haji Biriyani
Haji Biriyani is another iconic restaurant in Dhaka, known for its unique style of biryani. The restaurant has been serving its signature dish since 1939.
- Must-try dish: The Haji Biryani, made with tender pieces of mutton and fragrant rice, is a must-try here.
5. Paturia Restaurant
Paturia Restaurant is famous for its traditional Bangladeshi food. The restaurant’s simple and homely ambiance makes it a great place to enjoy a hearty meal.
- Must-try dish: The Paturi Fish, a traditional dish where fish is marinated in spices, wrapped in banana leaves, and then steamed, is a must-try at Paturia.
In conclusion, Dhaka’s food scene is as diverse and vibrant as the city itself. Whether you’re a foodie looking to explore local flavors or a traveler seeking comfort food, Dhaka’s restaurants have something to offer. So, when you’re in Dhaka, make sure to visit these restaurants and try their signature dishes.